Wednesday, November 19, 2008

EARTHQUAKE! .... ... No - wait... it's just the spin cycle.

Not one to point out the issues in my surroundings (HA!) but if our washer isn't perfectly balanced, the whole house shakes. Now I'm not talking a little vibration, here. I mean that everything, from one end of the house to the other, rattles. Mirrors, bookcases, dishes - you name it, it's-a-shakin'!

In other news, I have just had the single least productive (for me) weekend since I decided to use my days off, rather than lose myself in facebook for two days. I had my mind set on completing a few tasks. Of course, as I grump about wasting my time, I've come up with several other things that I would love to have accomplished. Maybe it's time to make a list. I've proven to myself that I am a remarkable forgetter so it makes sense that a list is the best, next-step.

So, here's my list.

Things to do on Tuesday and Wednesday:

1. Clean the truck, interior.

2. Gather and sort art work.
  • decided what is being posted, where.
  • complete incomplete pieces
  • upload drawings to deviantArt and/or Zazzle
3. Practice increases and decreases, knitting.

4. Check out Etsy

5. Snuggle and read with my girl... I miss her.

6. Continue with the de-fleaing process (friggin' cat)(friggin' me, for not wanting to go all chemical on her ass)

I'm sure I'll think of more things before next week but for now this'll do nicely.


Tomorrow, I'm finally getting the bit of training that I've been requesting for the past month. They have scheduled me (and another cashier) for a two hour walkabout in the lumber yard. Now, I've already figured out most of the stuff that comes out of the yard, but it will be nice to be able to direct inquiring customers to what they want, rather than to someone who can answer better than I. That's getting a bit tired in my opinion. Yes, if it bugged me that much, I could have gone in (on my days off) to walk around, find stuff and ask the yard guys about the things I was unsure of. I could have... I understand and live by a certain level of proactive behaviour. I mean, within my first month of this job I had management letting me know that I was already 'right up there' with the senior cashiers. I've heard nothing but kudos on my job performance. It's called work-ethic, and I have it. However, I am not paid nearly enough nor treated well enough to want to be there without seeing the results on my paycheque (ha, that word looks so funny. I love Canadian English).

And on all of these notes, I am off to vacuum Kitten's room and wash her bedding and bathe the cat (hehehe). I think I'll clip the wee demon's claws before I toss her into the tub.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My spin cycle sounds like the Ina Gada Da Vida drum solo!

I love snuggling up and reading with my daughter. Right now I'm reading her "On The Banks of Plum Creek" by Laura Ingalls Wilder. It's funny but my kid hates Nellie Olson with the same white hot intensity that I did.

That's my girl.

Peace - Rene

Luke said...

You'll have to let us know how etsy works out. I have it mention a lot lately.

Beth said...

@ Rene: My sister has recommended that I read the Laura Ingalls Wilder books to Kitten. We have them here, I just haven't. Maybe it's time.

@ Luke: I will do that, for sure. Thank you.

Unknown said...

You ARE a glutton for punishment...Not only bathing a cat, but clipping nails as well...What kind of armor (or armour in Canada?) do you don for this event???

Beth said...

It is my keen sense of self preservation which pushed me to clip the claws before the bath! Truth be told, we have a very mellow cat who has been raised by my daughter. We frequently refer to the furball as The Trained Circus Cat.