Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My boring post... not about Remembrance day

Facebook makes me laugh. I would be more accurate in saying that people on facebook make me laugh. When I first signed up and friended all my peeps, we all had a reasonable number of friends listed. As the weeks wore on, I couldn't help but notice that some of my nearest and dearest were gaining friends at a very rapid rate. Clicking through their lists I couldn't help but notice that many of these 'friends' weren't "real friends." I couldn't wrap my brain around it, feeling that the whole thing was like this ridiculous popularity contest.

Then, I began to understand. There were applications that I got hooked on. Suddenly I was spamming my friends with app requests and I didn't like that. It was then that my own friend list began to grow. It was then that I began accepting friend requests from those who I'm not really 'friends' with. I feel no guilt about spamming those I don't care if I piss off. Heh.

So, that which I didn't understand has now become my own common practice and my fb strength grows by the day. Power in numbers.

No comments: