Friday, February 6, 2009

The situation...

This evening, at around 7:45, Wolf started seizing.
"Should I call an ambulance?"
I called 911 about ten minutes later. (There was a ten minute delay because if he doesn't respond with something other than 'No,' he'll fight anyone who tries to help him. He's a big boy. By 8:00, the ambulance had arrived. The arrival of three fire and rescue trucks, two squad cars and a half hour later, they finally earned his co-operation in getting onto the cot. They even managed to get him strapped in before he got antsy again.

Then, I lost it a little. Then I got it together and went into the spare room where Kitten was watching TV.


Now, I've managed to get some food into me and I've called his friend.

I can't seem to bring myself to call any of my supports, though. I'm feeling like I'm in limbo. I feel the fear begin to rise... then it just stops. It totally dissipates.

Is this what shock is? If not, what is it? It's very clear and calm. Which is odd. I don't know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

probably shock yes. yikes. poor you. is wolf alright? sounds like you handled everything very well...

http://momofboxer.blogspot.com/2009/02/contest.html

Unknown said...

Hope everything is OK!

Peace - Rene

Beth said...

A belated thanks for the support.

Everything is 'okay,' all things considered... as you may already know... because I suck at keeping in contact.

;)