Friday, August 18, 2023

 Is six years long enough? Nothing and everything has changed. I'm finally medicated just not the way I thought I'd be. Turns out ADHD can really mess with a person's life. With the renewed ability to follow my thoughts through, my overwhelm and anxiety are lessened and I'm able, with more regularity, to function adequately. 

50 has been a bit of a trip, so far. I don't know exactly what I expected but I'm learning too expect nothing, predict nothing. Just living is enough.

Those are words I never expected to use, ever. It's not that I've found a new lust for life. No, I have no real attachment to living. I never acknowledged the possibility of living to a ripe old age as a person with a lifetime subscription to severe depression. It's simply that I have noticed that life keeps going and will continue to do so and I can either spend that time wishing it would stop or I can do some dishes, take a dog for a walk, watch something on Netflix, chat with a friend, draw a thing... And tomorrow will come again until it doesn't. Not sunshiny, not dark. Just Is.

And until the last sunset, there's always something to do.


Until next time, I'm signing off.

No comments: